How to get from Heathrow to Colliers Wood?
Heathrow has three stations on London Underground’s Piccadilly Line, one for Terminals 1, 2 & 3, one for Terminal 4 and the newly opened Terminal 5. Heathrow Terminals 1, 2, 3 station is located between the terminals, only a few minutes’ walk via underground walkways. Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 stations are situated in the basements of the terminal buildings.
The average journey time to central London is about 50 – 60 minutes. Tubes run every five minutes at peak times and every nine minutes at off-peak times and weekends. It takes an additional five minutes to reach Terminals 1, 2 & 3. These times are subject to change – it is normally advisable to check with London Transport before travelling. During the night, the N97 bus connects Heathrow with central London every 30 minutes.
To get to Holiday Inn Express London – Wimbledon South, take Piccadilly line towards Cockfosters to Leicester Square and change to Northern line towards Morden, then get off at Colliers Wood station. You will find us right opposite the station.
In just 25 minutes the Heathrow Connect will take you from London Paddington to London Heathrow Airport terminals 1, 2 and 3. Calling at London Paddington, Ealing Broadway, West Ealing, Hanwell, Southall, Hayes, Heathrow Central (Terminal 1,2,3) and Terminal 4. If you are travelling to terminal 4, the journey will take around 35 minutes from London Paddington, getting to and from terminal 5 is also very easy, with a free inter-terminal transfer on Heathrow Express.
The Heathrow Connect departs every 30 minutes and with a single ticket costing just £6.90 or an open return from £13.80, it is a very cost effective way to travel to London Heathrow Airport.
Take Heathrow express to Paddington London and then get a tube to Colliers Wood. You will find us right opposite the station.
By Bus: National Express coach services operate out of the Heathrow Airport Central Bus Station to and from central London (Victoria) and destinations all over the UK.
How to get from Gatwick Airport to Colliers Wood London?
The Gatwick Airport London Bus is performed by National Express and run into London’s Victoria coach station. There is also another service called easyBus that runs higher frequencies in small minibuses to Fulham Broadway Underground Station, less central than London Victoria. Once in Victoria station catch Victoria line underground towards Brixton and change at Stockwell with northern line towards Morden and get of at Colliers Wood station. You will find us right opposite the station.
- Gatwick Express train. This is the fastest, and most comfortable and expensive option, though there are good deals. The terminus in Central London at Victoria is also very central and a good transit point to your accommodation.
- First Capital Connect Train runs a different route into Central London. It is almost as fast and is significantly cheaper than the Gatwick Express. It stops at several stations mostly in the City Of London. St Pancras is the exception, a major cheap hotel district and terminus for the Eurostar trains to Paris.
- Southern Ttrains run the same route as the Gatwick Express. They take about 15 minutes more to Victoria as they are stopping trains. They can get very crowded at peak times , but are much cheaper than the Gatwick Express. There are also direct services to the Kensington area of London along another branch line.
- National Express Coaches provide a full size bus connection and also between Gatwick and London Victoria. Whilst fares are cheaper than rail. Journey time is at least double.
- easyBus provide a frequent minibus shuttle between Gatwick and London Fulham Broadway Underground. Buses are 16 seat and fares are variable and done on the low cost airline model, the earlier you book (on-line) the cheaper the price would be.
Once in Victoria station, catch Victoria line underground towards Brixton and change at Stockwell with northern line towards Morden and get off at Colliers Wood station. You will find us right opposite the station.